Monday, October 4, 2010

The Waiting Game

Cue the Jeopardy theme song. That is the way I am feeling these days. I am feeling like a walking time bomb...I could go off at any moment, sort of speak. People have been real supportive and have checked on me daily, which has been great.

I have been blessed with feeling great throughout this pregnancy. The only complication I have encountered has been a pinched sciatic nerve which flared up around the 23rd week and 37th week. It was really difficult to deal the second time considering I was carrying more weight and getting around a little slower than usual as it was. So I went to visit the chiropractor and it definitely helped. But she suggested to begin my maternity leave considering my job involves a lot of bending and picking up the kiddos. That was definitely difficult for me because I wasn't prepared to take my leave that early, but I am glad I am able to take some time for myself.

I am learning to adjust being at home. I am still getting into trouble by trying to do all the things that I use to do. I can do them, but I have to take lots of breaks in between. I just can't allow myself to go like the energizer bunny like I am use to. Josiah has been great about trying to slow me down, although sometimes I put up a fight.

We are so excited to meet our little girl! We are hoping she decides to come soon, we just can't wait! I went to the doctor today and she said everything still looks good. I am still dilated to a 2-3, and my cervix is 70% thinned out. Avalynn is very low, which is the right position to be in.
Our due date is the 10th, so I am thinking she is holding out for an awesome birthday, 10.10.10. But if she doesn't come by next week I will go to the doctor Monday and have a stress test, and sonogram to make sure fluid levels are good and everything else is good. If all looks good I will go twice a week. Since I have a midwife she will let me go up to two weeks past the due date. But if Avalynn decides to stay cookin for too long the induction day will be the 21st.

So the waiting game continues on. Only Avalynn can decide when she is ready to meet her new world. Please continue to pray for us as we wait on our little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment