Sunday, October 10, 2010

Due Date

Today is suppose to be the big day. But unfortunately there seems to be no sign of activity. I didn't think I was going to be one of those women who can't stand to be pregnant anymore, but sign me up I AM!! I am just so over this state of being. It is not because I am uncomfortable or anything like that, I just want to meet my baby!

Yesterday I told everyone I feel like I am going to be pregnant forever. I feel I am never going to meet this person who has been growing inside me. It almost makes me ask the question- "am I really pregnant, or is this just a weird state of being?"

I guess I didn't think I would go past my due date. Everything seemed to point to her coming on time or a little early. But babies will be babies and choose when to come no matter what you circle on the calendar.

I did experience a big tease Tuesday and Wednesday. I had contractions all day Tuesday, but nothing that blew me away. Then into the night the contractions grew stronger, and we ended up going to the hospital around 4:30 am. They hooked me up to the monitors and everything was going good. I was told to walk for an hour to see if I would dilate more, to see if this was real labor. So after walking for an hour, the contractions slowed down and I did not dilate any more. We went home and I was exhausted. As the day went on my contractions went away. Needless to say it was false labor.
But my parents decided to head down from Memphis that night just in case anymore activity happened.

I have enjoyed having them around. It has kept me busy, but I am putting the pressure on myself to have this baby. But little Miss will come when she wants. I would rather her come when she is ready, then be forced to come. I just desire to hold her and see what she looks like. I am anxiously awaiting her arrival.

Please continue to pray for Avalynn and me. Pray she comes soon, but ultimately is a healthy and precious baby. Keep posted for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment