Saturday, September 18, 2010

Final Countdown

A lot has happened since the last posting. I guess I have been tied up trying to get everything in order for our little girl. It is been a whirlwind of activity for sure. We have put together her room slowly the past months. It is still a small work in progress. Mostly I just need to do some last minute organizing. Here are a few pictures of her room a few weeks ago before we added some items.





We also traveled to Memphis for a baby shower that my mother and her friends gave us. That was an "adventure" in itself. We had to adjust our plans for traveling because of a job interview Josiah had. Which ended up being a great blessing. So he has since changed jobs and is now working for the Shawnee Mission School District teaching 3rd grade. This was such a blessing! We are now going to be eligible for great insurance beginning October 1. So we have a little joke going that Avalynn is not allowed to come until after the 1st.
My Mama and Mimi

Ladies of the family

Last week my mother-in-law Susan gave me a baby shower. I was thrilled when my parents decided to come to Kansas and be a part of this celebration. It was nice to be able to show them around town a little, and have them see what preparations I have done for Avalynn. It was bittersweet when my parents left to think the next time I see them it will be for Avalynn's arrival.
My two moms


Susan's diaper cake she made




So now we begin the waiting game. I have begun weekly visits to the doctor. She seems to think Avalynn will be here early if not on time. So keep us in your prayers as we will begin a brand new chapter in our lives as parents.

2 comments:

  1. I hate that I'm missing all of this excitement in your life! Can you photoshop me into one of your shower photos?? :)

    The nursery is absolutely adorable! Can't wait to hear the good news that Avalynn is on her way! It won't be long. We're praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear about Josiah's new job! What a blessing. Can't wait to see pics of little Avalynn. She will be so beautiful! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete