Friday, July 30, 2010

Woman and Man

Lately I have been contemplating the difference between a woman and a man's brain. Not the brain as in the organ, but the mind. What was God thinking when he made a man the way he is and a woman the way she is? Why are we so different, but yet so much the same?
We can be the same in our likes, dislikes, dreams, desires, etc. What makes us different is the way we pursue these.
I have noticed how my mind has begun the morphing process of preparing to be a mother. There are things I never would have been interested in til now, and things I don't desire now. My drive towards certain goals are much stronger than they use to be, and then there are issues I don't even go there with I may have harped on before.
And then there are times when I feel I don't know who this new person is anymore, because of these changes. I was beginning to feel a little depressed about this change, but then I am reminded of the blessing in disguise. I am transforming into a new person, but deep down I am still Bethany. Most of the "new Bethany" I am dealing with now is one who is beefed up on hormones, low energy, and a one track mind. I know in time some of this will vanish and I guess some will stay. Learning to be the Bethany I am deep inside and the new Bethany will be the struggle. I am going to have to learn to mesh these two personalities into one with time, patience and support from people around me.

But what about man? What happens to a man when his wife is dealing with these struggles? I have a very loving and supportive husband, thank goodness, but what is going on with him? Is he going through the same things? Is he morphing into a new person, or is he so busy trying to appease the "new" wife he hasn't been able to focus on himself? I can see little things here and there with Josiah, but I think his real transformation is going to be when our daughter enters this world. See for me I have the constant reminder of our impending addition, through heart burn, kicks and jabs, sleepless nights etc. But for him I believe it's going to be with the wonderful gift of holding and seeing our Avalynn.

What do you think? Have you noticed a change in yourself? When was the moment of change for your husband, or for you? Have you embraced the new you? Are you looking forward to transforming into the new you if you have not already done so?

No comments:

Post a Comment