Sunday, July 11, 2010

The number 3



This weekend I have enjoyed a relaxing time with my sweetie. We used this weekend to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. Josiah set up a prenatal massage for me, which was amazing. Then we went to a hotel and got ready for dinner. We found an upscale soul food restaurant in the heart of downtown. It had live jazz music and I was able to get some food close to my heart. Our dinner consisted of a starter of fried green tomatoes and fried okra. Then we had these amazing sweet potato cornbread rolls. I am definitely going to have to find a recipe for those, especially for the holidays. Then my dinner was fried chicken, baked macaroni and cheese and my favorite, collard greens! Yes I am very southern! Josiah had fried catfish, candied yams, and baked macaroni also. You may think that these dishes should be sold on paper plates, but it was nice to eat comfort food in an elegant environment. Then to top off the dinner of course Josiah had to get the bread pudding.

It was such a nice and relaxing weekend. We both needed it.
But of course our weekend wouldn't be complete without some drama. While we were eating our breakfast our hotel started to flood. It started with some water in the lower level where we were eating. Then in the hallway the water started come in fast. Then we heard that the parking lot was flooding. So Josiah went to go move our car, and he said if we were going to get out we needed to leave. As we were leaving we saw the full flooding damage. The street our hotel was on was completely under water. It was bizarre. So it cut our time short, but we got home fine.

Yesterday when I was relaxing for my massage I realized that three months from yesterday is our due date. We have three months to prepare for our little Avalynn's entrance into our world. Wow! I can't believe the countdown has really begun. We have so much to do. We haven't even registered, started the room, or done one thing toward preparing for her. If you know me, this is not like me. I usually have everything ready way in advance. But I think this pregnancy is teaching me to slow down. Hopefully we will get a start on some of it soon.

The number 3 is also significant because in a short amount of time the two of us will be the three of us. We will have a big change in our life. If we want to go out to eat we will have a car seat with us. If we want to go out of town we will have to plan how to travel with a baby. I am looking forward to having our new addition, but it will now be the three of us. Reality is really settling in. I am looking forward to this exciting adjustment in our life.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you guys have been married 3 years!!! Avalynn is a lucky girl to have you guys for parents!

    ReplyDelete