Sunday, July 18, 2010

Preparing for baby

The countdown has begun. We are getting closer and closer to the day that we will meet our precious baby girl. And we have yet to begin getting the room together or gathering the "stuff" which comes along with this new addition.
We do plan on beginning the process come August. I am having my first baby shower in Memphis, August 21st. And the next shower is in Kansas not until September. So I guess depending on what we get at these showers depends on how the room turns out. I am super excited about seeing all the cute and yes, lots of pink things. I am not a pink type of girl, but I have to say it is definitely growing on me.
One thing I have done is ordered the baby bedding. I had a hard time finding something I really liked, but my mom showed me this website and fell in love with this bedding.
I am going to add a green sage for an accent color. I can't wait until it comes in. I think once we start getting big items like this it will start to feel real!


We also finally registered at Babies R Us. There are still some things I would like to add to the registry, but at least we got it started. A couple of people have asked if we are going to register anywhere else and I don't think we are. We pretty much covered all the bases at Babies R Us.

So according to my ticker above my blog we have 84 days! So much to do, but excited about the process.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love the bedding. The nursery will definitely be fit for a princess! Keep posting pictures of the nursery as it progresses! I wish I could be there to help you set everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for little Avalynn!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete