Saturday, June 19, 2010

New Best Friend

When Josiah and I moved to Kansas from Tennessee I knew I would encounter the obstacle of finding and building friendships. We have been here for a year and three months and I still feel like I am brand new to the city. There are times that I wish I could hang out with a friend, and then I think about who I will call, and I end up doing a blank stare at the phone.

There have been people at work that I have been able to build relationships with, but life always gets in the way and moves that person away. Also considering everyone has their own agenda trying to organize a time to get together seems to be difficult.

There is a friend I can rely on. This may seem sad, but I can always depend on my trusty old friend, The Food Network. I always look forward to the time that I get alone with this friend. This friend teaches me things about myself, and always sends me to some exciting place I have never been. But lately this friend has had too many filler shows. This friendship like most I have encountered reached a bump in the road of becoming dull and a little boring.
Then I met someone new, a family member to The Food Network, The Cooking Channel. This friend and I have spent lots of quality time the past week. With Josiah gone mid week through the weekend on baseball duties, I have been calling on this friend a lot. This new relationship has been very exciting. I am learning so much. The one thing I have enjoyed about this relationship is the ever changing personalities. There has been something to keep my attention all through the day, unlike my other friend who will lose my attention mid day.

So if you are needing a new friend yourself, feel free to call on my new friend. Let me know what you think. What is your favorite aspect of this friendship?

1 comment:

  1. I miss you friend! I want to see your sweet baby belly! how is the pregnancy going? are you ready for it to be over or are you loving it? part of me wants it again but then the two i have keep me so busy that I know its not possible anytime soon. Is Josiah playing ball or coaching or both? my # is 9013265280 call me anytime if you want! love you!

    ReplyDelete