Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Motherhood

I have now entered the wonderful world of Motherhood. Our house has been taken over with baby equipment, laundry, breast pumps, and the sounds of our sweet girl. Everyday I look at her and I am overwhelmed with love and amazement. She is such a blessing! I know every parent thinks their child is the cutest and sweetest, but I think she takes the cake! She really is the easiest little baby.

Here is a glimpse at some of my favorite things about Avalynn:
1. Her eyes.
2. The way she touches me when she is eating.
3. When she crinkles her nose up when she eats.
4. The way she looks at me when I talk to her.
5. Her little grunts when she is waking up.
6. The way she looks at Josiah.
7. If she is fussy and someone hands her back to me, she calms down.
8. How observant she is.
9. Her new adorable coos.
10. Ummm...ok everything!

Josiah and I recently decided I needed to go back to work. I was pretty upset because I had always wanted to be a stay at home mom. And once Avalynn arrived the desire to stay home was even greater. So I started to look for ways I could stay home at least part time. Putting pen to paper it seemed that was the best option considering how expensive daycare is for infant care.
I finally decided to give it completely over to God and let whatever came my way be what was best for my family.
So yesterday I finally heard back from work. They said they didn't have a spot for Avalynn until May. Considering I didn't have any other arrangements for her, I offered to work part time. Luckily I have a mother-in-law who can watch her in the afternoon while I work. But this is what I wanted. I will get to stay home with her half the day, she will get to be with her Granny, and we won't have to pay for childcare. So really it was a answer to my prayers.

I am constantly thinking of the scripture Proverbs 3:5-6. I am learning daily to trust in him with ALL my heart. Thankfully he has been very loving in teaching me this lesson.

1 comment: