Monday, February 22, 2010

Chronic Runny Nose...Really?

The past week I have dealt with a runny and stuffy nose. Well the runny nose has turned into a very congested nose. Who knew that these things would happen because of pregnancy. So I have searched the past two days in what is safe to take while pregnant and what will actually work.

I have sent Josiah out at 8:45 pm to buy me some Claritin and a humidifier. Sleeping at night has been difficult because of this and it is not fun to wake up with a bloody nose.

Who knew that in my 2nd and 3rd trimester you could also have a chronic runny nose? I mean seriously...things you don't know about pregnancy until you are in the moment.

If you have had any experience in this let me know what worked for you.

3 comments:

  1. Are you sure you can take Claritin? I had the same problem when I was pregnant with Allison and I could only take Sudafed. Of course, that was long enough ago that they probably didn't even have Claritin at the time. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can take Claritin, I have had a bloody nose for months now :) Oh the joys of being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. I am finally on the up hill with the cold symptoms. Who knows what will be next.

    ReplyDelete